The Customer Service Representative is responsible for providing superior customer service via phone, email, and in-person interaction with the goal of providing best-in-class service in the ski and outdoor industries. The position calls for regular, close communication with consumers, dealers, sales reps, marketing, and other operational divisions within the business.
• Maintaining a positive, helpful attitude is imperative in this position. Flexibility and a willingness to help in any way possible are needed in our small, dynamic team environment. • Time management skills, including the ability to work efficiently, prioritize projects, and be self-motivated, are expected. Taking initiative and making independent decisions are also essential. • A passion for working in a small-team environment is critical, as the pace and expectations of the culture require both an entrepreneurial spirit and a commitment to excellence.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES & ACTIVITIES
• Provide a high level of service to our customers, dealers, sales reps, and other employees
• Process retailer, consumer, and pro purchase orders and returns
• Answer a high volume of phone calls and emails in a positive, professional, timely, and satisfactory manner
• Proactively resolve problems for consumers and retailers
• Assist with the administration of the consumer, pro purchase and warranty department programs
• Participate in proactive sales efforts as directed
• Attend and assist at tradeshows, sales meetings, sample sales, and other retail and consumer events as needed
• Learn and present the Dynafit, Salewa, Pomoca, Wild Country, and Evolv brands and products. In addition to on-the-job training, the employee is encouraged to use, enjoy, and better understand our products outside of work.
• Execute on a variety of projects, assignments, and tasks that may be assigned
• Demonstrate proficiency with our computer systems and software
QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• Two to four years customer service and/or retail experience, preferably in the ski or outdoor industries • Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong interpersonal skills • Strong organizational and computer skills (including Microsoft Office and general computer proficiency). ERP (Navision) and ZenDesk experience preferred. • College degree preferred • A passion for success, a positive and friendly attitude, and a tireless work ethic are all a must • Love of the outdoors. A specific passion for mountain sports such a backcountry skiing, climbing, and mountaineering is a plus.
Additional Salary Information: The company offers competitive compensation for the outdoor industry. In addition to a base salary, the candidate is eligible to participate in a comprehensive benefits program including healthcare, dental, vision, 401K retirement plan, life and disability insurance, and generous gear discounts.
About Oberalp North America
Oberalp North America (OBA) is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Oberalp Group––a design & innovation focused outdoor sport company headquartered in the heart of the Dolomites in Bolzano, Italy, with global operations. OBA handles the U.S. / Canada sales, marketing, operations, distribution, and customer service functions for four premier mountain sports brands within the Oberalp Group––SALEWA, DYNAFIT, WILD COUNTRY, POMOCA. OBA also includes the EVOLV climbing brand, encompassing brand management, product development, North American and international sales and marketing, a brand retail store, and climbing shoe resole service.
Oberalp North America and the Oberalp Group operate in a dynamic market environment, and we seek to work with people who share our hands-on, collaborative, solutions-oriented approach to business.
And, of course, we look for team members who share in our boundless enthusiasm for mountain sports and a stewardship ethic to protect the places we love to play.
BACK TO TOP
OIA Career Center is Just One of the Benefits.
Discover what else OIA has to offer!
The job you are trying to reach from was originally posted at OIA Career Center.