Manage and direct all aspects of the item forecasting, inventory planning and productions scheduling process for Gear Aid USA. Develop monthly, quarterly, and seasonal forecasts to align the inventory plan with company inventory turn and order fulfilment objectives. Lead the day to day operations of the Supply Chain team.
1. Stylemaster Records: Set up and maintain accurate / up to date raw material and finish good style master data in the ERP system to include: Size / color SKU detail, vendor, purchase cost, landed standard cost, product category dimensions, UPC codes, duty rates, production leadtime, order minimum requirements. and weights / dimensions for shipping.
2. Forecasting: Translate prior season sales history, key account assortment plans, and input from the Sales and Product teams to a dynamically updated item level forecast plan.
3. Inventory Planning / Buying: Segment the product protofolio into A, B, C level SKU’s to achieve company inventory turn and order service level objectives. Lead and direct the Inventory Planning and Production Scheduling team to translate the item level forecast into montly and seasonal buy plan for both in-house produced and vendor purchased FG and RM skus.
4. Product Costing: Accountable for the costing accuracy of all purchased and in-house FG and RM SKU’s. Review / Approve the labor routing and bill of material cost estimates prepared by tne the Production Engineer. Monitor the item and category level variances to continuously improve costing accuracy for all inventoried items.
5. Sourcing / Vendor Set Up: Lead and Direct the factory allocation and sourcing for all new FG and RM product SKU’s. Coordinate with the Product Development team to onboard all new vendors. Set up and maintain accurate vendor master files in the Gear Aid ERP system
6. Dashboard Reporting: Serve as the subject matter expert for the Supply Chain / Inventory Planning team on all systems implementation projects. Liaise with the IT department to continuously improve the dash board and operations reports used by the Inventory Planners and Production Engineer.
7. Leadership: Onboarding, skills development, and mentoring of the Supply Chain Planning team.
8. Budget / Financial: Develop annual expense budget for the Supply Chain Planning team.
9. Other projects as directed by the President or CFO.
Minimum 5 years prior work experience in Inventory Management, Production Planning, Operations, or Finance.
Prior experience with in-house production planning
Vendor management experience with both domestic and international supply chains
Prior staff management / leadership experience
Prior work experience in the outdoor / sporting goods industry
About Gear Aid Inc
At GEAR AID, we champion renewal in all things that we do within the places where we live, work and play. With our values of championing renewal, seeking unsolved problems, caring for gear and having fun—we see a world where people are empowered to buy less, make their gear last longer, and find connection in the outdoors.
Founded in 1981 with a small line of repair adhesives, SCUBA divers realized our products were stronger than their wetsuits. Shortly after, we expanded to include more adhesives, sealants, repair tapes, water repellents, cleaners plus an expansive adventure tool line. With more than 100 products that share the same tenacity, quality and utility, people rely on us for products that last. Because we believe gear should last.
For anyone who enjoys playing or working in the outdoors, GEAR AID designs essential camp tools and effective products that fix and restore gear. Whether your adventure is climbing a mountain, diving the deep blue sea, fishing in the rain, or camping in your backyard, we make tools for any adventure.