SCARPA NORTH AMERICA, INC.
Job Title: Customer Service Representative (CSR)
Department: Sales Service Department
Job Location: Boulder, CO.
Reports To: Direct Sales Coordinator (DSC)
Status: Full-time, Non-exempt
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB: The SCARPA N.A. (SNA) Customer Service Representative (CSR) is responsible for assisting the Pro & Direct Sales Coordinator (PDSC) in managing sales, promotions, and communication with all SNA direct sales. In addition, the CSR will assist the Warranty and Returns department (WRD) as it relates to processing direct consumer returns and related communication. The CSR is an in-house sales service representative for our direct sales customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist PDSC in managing direct sales relationships.
- Assist WRD in answering, addressing and providing appropriate action to direct sales returns and warranty issues. Includes fielding calls, identifying issues, providing RA’s, follow-up communication, receiving and logging product, etc.
- Answer consumer e-mails and phone calls as necessary.
- Working with the Director of Sales and PDSC as necessary, to create and deliver consumer promotions and seasonal specials for short term, high impact sales promotions.
- Assist PDSC in entering sales orders and account data in a timely manner.
- Timely communication with customers via phone, email and fax.
- Assist PDSC to maintain and update the direct sales account database.
- Ability to research and provide up to date information regarding product availability and account status using the SNA network and account resources.
- Ability to present and communicate technical feature/benefit information to direct consumers.
- Act as Sales Service Rep (SSR) back up when necessary.
- Ability to show, sell and use all SCARPA products, programs and equipment.
- Execute activities and documentation essential to account and data management.
- Participate in company directed activities to accomplish the goals of the company.
- Participate in sales meetings, line meetings, and trade shows as appropriate.
- High level of competence with office computers and operating systems (Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, Netsuite etc.).
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (following duties are required on all positions):
- Obtain necessary information by maintaining knowledge of SNA’s electronic communication software.
- Maintain quality service by establishing, following, and enforcing organization quality system standards.
- Uphold SNA’s core values and mission statement and business goals.
- Complete other duties as assigned from time to time by your manager.
- Maintain technical knowledge by attending sales meetings and product meetings.
- Conduct self according to SNA’s policies/Handbook.
Internal: SNA CEO, Administrative and Sales staff, Executive Team, Purchasing, Logistics, Warehouse, Marketing staff, Quality Assurance, and Finance.
External: SNA Direct customers, Dealers, Pros, and Government agencies as necessary.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree (B.A. /B.S.) from four-year College or university and two to five years related experience/training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
REQUIRED LICENSES, CERTIFICATES OR KNOWLEDGE
Valid Driver’s License
Lifting to 50lbs. Occasional light warehouse work. Occasional company scheduled outdoor activities.
Business office, trade show booth environments, and work hours as needed to accomplish goals.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. Additional duties may be assigned at any time. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description. The employer has the right to revise the job description at any time.