MINNEAPOLIS BOULDERING PROJECT
We are a bouldering gym startup in Minneapolis, MN. With construction currently underway, we hope to open our doors in the fall of 2017. Similar in design and scope to our two sister gyms in Seattle and Austin, MBP will be a full-service climbing facility with over 20,000 sq.ft of bouldering, along with a robust yoga program, fitness program, and youth programs.
The General Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of operations and facilities of the Minneapolis Bouldering Project. The GM supervises the gym’s management team, supporting employees at all levels of the organization in their duties and responsibilities. The GM is in charge of the continued development, improvement, and implementation of the systems, operations, and safety procedures of the gym. It is of paramount importance that the GM establishes and maintains a culture of collaboration, authenticity, and safety among the gym’s staff and community.
MANAGEMENT OVERSIGHT AND DIRECTION
- Direct MBP management team to develop the highest-quality offering in the industry.
- Develop and implement new and progressive workplace culture.
- Nurture manager motivation and job satisfaction via dynamic leadership and support.
- Develop accountability, discipline, and professionalism among managers and staff.
- Ensure management quality by participating in employee assessment and evaluation at all levels of the gym.
- Support continued professional development within the management team.
- Communicate with Managing Partners, as needed, to ensure manager quality.
- Collaborate with the managers of the existing Bouldering Projects, with the goal of cross-brand consistency and quality, while fostering a regional style, unique to MBP.
- Create an environment which encourages individual independence within the staff.
- Participate in the hiring of management and supervisory teams.
- Schedule managers and staff via organized, economical, and efficient staffing systems.
- Ensure staff quality and individual growth through assessment and evaluation.
- Oversee and guide staff meetings and activities.
- Collaborate with all levels of staff to align and implement marketing strategies, branding, and customer experience standards.
- Collaborate with colleagues in building relationships with community contacts and companies for events and opportunities.
- Maintain responsibility for ensuring exceptional customer service at the Minneapolis Bouldering Project.
- Foster through leadership a welcoming community and sense of place within the walls of MBP.
OPERATIONS DEVELOPMENT AND OVERSIGHT
- Develop and maintain organized, clean, and efficient operating systems.
- Ensure that facilities and resources remain clean, functioning, and high-quality.
- Oversee all aspects of operations, events, instruction, and programs.
- Ensure that customer experience remains the highest in the industry.
- Direct staff communication to ensure that all staff are knowledgeable and capable.
- Oversee and participate in insurance, healthcare, and risk management execution.
- Ensure payroll is executed diligently and accurately.
- Schedule and facilitate staff, supervisor, and management meetings.
- Develop and support employee experience efforts from all levels of management.
- Serve as lead in risk management development and execution.
- Oversee incident reporting and reviews, safety reviews, emergency scenarios, and policy-writing.
- Act as Incident Commander in an emergency.
- Ensure all operations, programs, and events have sufficient emergency support through systems and notification sequences.
The primary responsibility of the General Manager is to understand, maintain, and grow the culture of the Minneapolis Bouldering Project--it is imperative to maintain excitement about the community within the gym. The General Manager leads the staff and management team in supporting the Minneapolis Bouldering Project community and must conduct themselves accordingly.