We’re also a network of talented people who care about each other and believe deeply in what we do. We’re achievers, passionate, adventurous and authentic. We work in an environment where you can be yourself and make a difference. We imagine the future and create it.
We’re looking for an experienced Regional Inventory Manager to join our North America Regional Leadership team based at our Gastown office in Vancouver, BC. This role is a maternity cover contract for approximately 14 months starting October 2017.
Reporting to the GM – North America you’ll be responsible for ensuring all product range planning and purchasing is aligned to seasonal strategic and financial plans across the Wholesale, Retail and eCom channels and developing the Inventory strategy and taking accountability for managing all inventory purchased in the region in line with the strategy. This position also owns the regional demand plan and is responsible for leading the Regional Inventory team to ensure the right product is available, in the right quantities, to achieve targets for revenue, gross margin and closing stock.
To be successful in this role you’ll have the following skills and experience:
- Equivalent of 5 to 10 years of experience in merchandise planning or demand planning, preferably in the retail apparel industry with outdoor industry manufacturing or distribution experience (operations management experience is a plus)
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills required. Intermediate MS Word & PowerPoint.
- Exposure to mid-tier ERP systems
- Proven ability in building continuous improvement into systems and processes
- High level of commercial acumen and sound judgement
- Proven effectiveness as a leader and manager
- Excellent organisation and planning ability
- Excellent, clear communication skills
- Outstanding customer service standards
- Exceptional relationship management skills
- Strong problem solving capability and skill
- Great time-management and prioritizing skills and experience delivering to strict deadlines
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Proven track record of effective qualitative and quantitative judgement and decision making
You’ll also be an Icebreaker who is:
- Active and adventurous
- An passionate high achiever – works hard and plays hard
- Curious, with a global outlook and strong desire to continually learn & evolve
- A Brand Ambassador with personal style who is drawn in by our story and inspired by the authenticity and uniqueness of our brand
- A highly collaborative team player
- Available and able to travel both locally and overseas and spend time on the road and work remotely
What we can offer you:
- The opportunity to work with an inspiring and passionate team
- A vibrant environment that has sustainability at its core
- A culture that recognises & rewards high achievers
- Amazing personal development that sets you up for success and a strong career
If this opportunity feels like the type of job you’re passionate about, and it fits with your skills and experience, please click apply below to send us your CV with a covering letter explaining why you'd be right for Icebreaker.